WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES IN GARDEN LIGHTING?
- Traditional lighting In
the past, garden lighting was the same as at home. The lamps were connected to the existing electricity network with 220 (high) voltage. You could and still can plug a lamp with a plug into a socket in your garden, but an electrician is needed for the technology of cables and security. Many garden owners still opt for this trusted system.For more information, see ” Garden lighting, instructions, choices, construction “
lighting This lighting is hip and keeps getting better. The problem of too few burning hours on dark days when you need lighting is no longer as great as it used to be. It’s all in the technology of storing energy and in the lights that hardly use any energy.For more information, see ‘ Before you buy solar lighting ‘ and ‘ Natural solar lamps ‘
- 12 volt lighting
12 volt lighting works on low voltage. That’s safe and easy. You can also install the lighting yourself. The only consideration could be that you cannot use LED lights and only a limited number can be placed per transformer.
- 24 volt lighting
Also a low voltage technique, but with significantly more options. We are therefore happy to tell you more about it. In our park we work together with Suslight . A manufacturer, designer and inventor who continuously innovates technology and uses.
WHY DO YOU INSTALL GARDEN LIGHTING?
The main reason is that it makes your garden more beautiful and you can enjoy it longer. The latter can be done both outside and inside. You have three angles based on which you choose the lighting. It concerns mood light , safety light and prevention light .
- Atmospheric lighting is about how plants and constructions look beautiful in the dark.
- Safety light ensures that you do not stumble and everyone can find the door in the darkness.
- And prevention light secures your domain and deters unwanted guests.
With sufficient attention to the combination of these three elements (SVP) you ensure ideal lighting of your garden!
IS A LIGHTING PLAN NECESSARY?
It is not strictly necessary, but it is very handy if you know in advance which lamps (for atmosphere, safety, prevention) you would like to place where. And you can also quickly calculate what you need in terms of cables. A lighting plan is also quickly made from your existing garden plan. Place a transparent sheet of paper over your design and you can start drawing the lamps and direction of the cables.
With the 24 volt lighting from Suslight you can choose from ground spots , outdoor spots , floor lamps and wall lamps . Everything starts with an electrical outlet. You put the plug of your transformer in there and then you connect all the lamps with a cable. You connect the lamps with very practical T-connectors.
If you cannot make a lighting plan yourself based on which you can order materials, you can engage a landscape gardener or consult Suslight yourself. The Gardens of Appeltern will soon also start with a lighting plan service for 24 volt lighting.
WHY IS IT SO EASY TO INSTALL 24 VOLT LIGHTING FROM SUSLIGHT YOURSELF?
The answer is short and concise, because it concerns very simple and well-arranged technology. Everything points to itself.
Up to 150 watts of lamps can be connected to the. The Suslight lamps use between 3 and 12 watts (depending on the model). And so you could place about 20 lamps behind 1 transformer. You don’t have to do everything at once, you can connect more lamps at any time. Distances aren’t a problem either. Luminaires can be connected up to 300 meters away from the source.
You first place the lamps and then click the cables between them. You tighten the connectors with your hands. You don’t need to use pliers or screwdrivers. The cabling can be laid both above ground and underground. We don’t like to see the cables lying around. That is why we dig them in a bit or lay them under the tiles and in semi-paved surfaces. Nothing will happen if you cut or cut a cable, but you do have to reconnect it and know where you caused the break. You can also hide the cables under the ground cover in a border. In a lawn you make a trench of a few centimeters with a knife.
WHICH THINGS ARE IMPORTANT WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO BUY GARDEN LIGHTING?
Whichever technique you choose… the same things are important.
- The watertightness of cables and lamps
Water causes malfunctions and failures.
- A high IP value
The IP value indicates how resistant fixtures and other items are to moisture and dirt. The higher the IP the better.
- Sustainability and energy consumption
How long does a lamp last and how much power is consumed.
- Efficient light production
A lamp must of course do what it is intended for. Illuminate the garden, the plants or the object in the way you want.
- The appearance
The lamp must be beautiful to look at. Even if it is not lit, the lamp must have added value for your garden
- The price
Garden lighting is available in all price ranges. What matters is that the price you pay is in line with the market and is never expensive
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SUSLIGHT GARDEN LIGHTING?
- The entire production process and use of materials is extremely sustainable and circular.
- The basic material for the fixtures is made of indestructible and problem-free aluminum.
- Suslight is at the forefront of 24 volt low voltage technology.
- The entire system is safe and hassle-free to install without an electrician
- The power consumption is very low due to the integrated LED lights (minimum 75,000 burning hours) .
- Suslight uses LED lighting without blue light. The light is therefore more beautiful and has no negative effect on animals and insects.
- The service life of the fixtures, including integrated lights, is at least 16 years. (12 burning hours per day). That long life makes the Suslight lamps cheaper to purchase than others.
- A Suslight lamp requires no maintenance, every now and then a cloth for the dust is sufficient.
- The design of the Suslight fixtures has been chosen in such a way that they fit into any garden style.
- Suslight resellers are happy to help you make the right choices and applications.
- Suslight gives a 5 year warranty on a purchase.
THE GARDENS OF APPELTERN AND SUSLIGHT
We are very happy that we got to know Suslight. In our view, there was also no real specialized producer with a 24 volt lighting system . That is why the older systems in the park are now being replaced. In addition, we heard more often that private individuals received insufficient answers to questions about low-voltage lighting from fellow providers. We are convinced that everyone will get all the answers from Suslight and its resellers.
Share or save this article